From 11-17 December 2017 the Science Museum Group is running a competition to win the grand prize of a free footplate tour of the iconic Flying Scotsman with a curator, a tour of the National Railway Museum and a champagne afternoon tea for 2 on the Countess of York (the ‘Competition’).
When you present a ticket from any National Lottery game at a Science Museum Group site you will receive a free tote bag.
You may enter the Competition by taking a selfie with your tote bag, sharing your selfie on Instagram or Twitter and tagging the relevant museum (either @sciencemuseum (London), @MSIManchester (Manchester), @railwaymuseum (York ), @locomotionshd (Shildon) or @mediamuseum (Bradford)) and using the hashtag #ThanksToYou.
Competition prizes include a free footplate tour on the Flying Scotsman with a curator, champagne afternoon tea for 2 on the Countess of York and a selection of runner-up prizes. The Competition is subject to the terms and conditions below.
Competition Terms and Conditions
1. The Competition is open to all National Lottery ticket holders (for all National Lottery games including Lotto, Euromillions, Thunderball, HotPicks and National Lottery Scratchcards). Each valid National Lottery ticket is a ‘Valid Ticket’. The Valid Ticket can be in either print or digital form and the date of purchase of the Valid Ticket is not relevant.
2. By presenting a Valid Ticket to the reception desk on arrival at one of the Science Museum Group’s sites, from 11 December 2017 to 17 December 2017 inclusive, you are entitled, whilst stocks last, to a Science Museum Group tote bag.
3. Having received a tote bag, you can enter the #ThanksToYou competition (the ‘Competition’) by:
• taking a selfie in the relevant Science Museum Group site with your tote bag
• sharing the photograph on Instagram or Twitter tagging the relevant Science Museum Group site (either @sciencemuseum (London), @MSIManchester (Manchester), @railwaymuseum (York), @locomotionshd (Shildon) or @mediamuseum (Bradford)) and using the hashtag #ThanksToYou.
4. Competition winners will be selected at random from all entries received. There shall be one ‘grand prize’ winner as well as a prize winner at each of the museum sites.
5. Only one entry into the Competition is permitted per person.
6. To be eligible for the Competition entrants must:
• be 18 or over
• not be an employee of the Science Museum Group.
7. The opening date for entry into the Competition is 11 December 2017 at 00.01. The closing date for entries is 17 December 2017 at 23.59. Entries received before or after these times will not be considered.
8. The winners of the grand prize, selected from all entrants, will win a footplate tour of Flying Scotsman with a curator, a curator tour of the National Railway Museum and a champagne afternoon tea for 2 on the Countess of York. Terms and conditions apply.
9. Winners of the other prizes at each site, selected from entrants at each tagged museum, will win:
• at Locomotion, a tour of Locomotion with a curator and 2 single tickets for a steam train ride, a tour of the workshop and the Royal Train;
• at Museum of Science and Industry, a family ticket (of up to 2 adults and 2 children) for the Robots exhibition on a date of your choice with a £50 exhibition merchandise voucher;
• at the National Science and Media Museum, a family ticket (of up to 2 adults and 2 children) for an IMAX film of your choice and a tour of any new exhibition on a date of your choice;
• at the National Railway Museum, a tour of any new exhibition on a date of your choice with a selection of merchandise to the value of £50.
• at the Science Museum, a curator led tour, subject to the curator’s availability, and single tickets to Illuminating India: Photography 1857-2017 and Illuminating India: 5000 Years of Science and Innovation on a date of your choice, and a complimentary lunch for 2 in the Science Museum’s Media Space Café.
10. Winners of the grand prize and other prizes will be contacted on or around 19 December 2017. If any winner cannot be contacted after reasonable attempts have been made, the Science Museum Group reserves its right to select another winner. Winners have until 23.59 on 12 January 2018 to respond and confirm their prize acceptance. If no response is received the Science Museum Group will select a replacement winner.
11. All prizes are non-transferable and there is no cash alternative.
12. By entering the competition each entrant:
• gives consent for their name, social media handle and any images submitted for the competition to be used for any Competition related social media and marketing.
• accepts to be bound by these terms and conditions.
13. The Science Museum Group reserves the right to:
• refuse to award the prize to anyone in breach of these terms and conditions;
• void, cancel, suspend, or amend the Competition at any time; and
• amend these terms and conditions at any time, including changing or substituting any prize.
14. These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of England and Wales and any dispute arising out of or in connection with them is subject to the jurisdiction of the English courts.
15. This Competition is run by the ‘Science Museum Group’, with its offices at Science Museum, Exhibition Road, South Kensington, London SW7 2DD, which is the trading name of the Board of Trustees of the Science Museum, a body established under the National Heritage Act 1983.
Please direct any questions in relation to the Competition or these terms to email@example.com.